Monday, May 2

Unsettling Observations

Clown: "She is stirring, sir" (Shakespeare 3.1.28).

Miss Prism: "I have been waiting...for an hour and three-quarters" (Wilde 51).

John Sr.: "There's a lot to worry about there, and [she] doesn't seem to notice" (Currie 41).

Miss Prism: "Do not speak slightingly of [her] three-volume novel...I wrote one myself in earlier times" (Wilde 22).

John Sr.: "I think...that it comes with it's own set of problems" (Currie 155).

Miss Prism: "The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means" (Wilde 22).

Clown: "O, thereby hangs a tale" (Shakespeare 3.1.8).

John Sr.: "Maybe [she] should talk about the other things first" (Currie 156).

Miss Prism: "That depends on the intellectual sympathies of the woman" (Wilde 26).

John Sr.: "I think we're wasting [our] time" (Currie 78).

Clown: "Go, vanish into air, away!" (Shakespeare 3.1.20).

John Sr.: "I can break your weasel neck" (Currie 79).

Miss Prism: "What a lesson for him! I trust he will profit by it" (Wilde 26).

John Sr.: "If [she] thinks this is the end of it, [she's] wrong" (Currie 45).

Miss Prism: "Especially at the moment when intellectual pleasures await" (Wilde 21).

John Sr.: "Let's not get ahead of ourselves" (Currie 77).

No comments:

Post a Comment